Thursday, June 03, 2010

Saying No To Family

When is it OK to say no to family?  I have news for you. It's never ok.  When family asks you for something you must give or be ready to take heat.  So, Madrone, you ask me, does that mean I have to be a doormat  for my cousin Joe Schmoe who asks me for a ride every day to work and never offers gas money. I'm on the hook for the dead beat? No, not exactly.  All I'm saying is that when you lay down the law, and say, pay up you cheapskate, you will be the bad guy, not Joe Schmoe.  It doesn't mean that you have to be walked over, it's just that no one will pat you on the back for it.  If you think people are going to pin a rose on you, you're in for a surprise. You may be right, but that's not going to stop anyone from giving you the hairy eyeball as the next Sunday barbecue.   

No comments: